Treat these items like clothing and wash similarly, depending on fabric type. Spot cleaning and hand washing is recommended. If you choose to use a washing machine, remove carabiners and set aside for washing. Use a mesh bag if possible.
- Wash in cold water, whether using a washing machine or washing by hand.
- Give items a gentle stretch when they come out of the wash to get them back into shape.
- Air dry clothes flat and out of the sun if possible.
- It's best not to machine-dry a rayon item, as it can destroy the fabric.
- Wash it in cold water on the delicate cycle with a low spin cycle.
- If you can't avoid the dryer, keep the item in the mesh bag and dry it on the lowest heat cycle possible.
- See above
- See above
- Hand wash your velvet scrunchies by filling a sink or tub with lukewarm or cold water and a small amount of detergent. Swish your scrunchies through the sudsy water by using gentle movements. Do this until the item is clean. Avoid scrubbing or twisting the item - this can damage the fabric. When you’re done washing the item, empty the tub and refill it with cool water. Push the garment up and down until you don’t see any more soap or residue
- Avoid washing with hot water, which can shrink it and cause it to lose elasticity. Use detergent for delicate fabrics or specifically for velvet. Set a washing machine to either the “gentle” or “hand wash” cycle to ensure that the machine doesn’t damage your clothing. Wash in mesh bag.